With this high quality attic fan, you will dramatically cut your cooling costs in the summer. Your attic can get hotter than 160 degrees in the summer. This heat works its way into your house, and makes it more difficult to cool it in the summer. With this attic fan, you can cool your attic temperatures by up to 50 degrees. In the spring and fall, you may not need air conditioning at all! In the summer, it will dramatically decrease the amount of time that your air conditioning needs to run. And, since it is all powered by the sun, you will get these benefits at no cost to you!
It also provides needed ventilation to decrease moisture and water vapor in your attic. This, combined with the decreased attic temperature, can increase the longevity of your entire roof system.
If your roof system uses a gable vent on the vertical peak wall of your house to ventilate your attic, this is the perfect fan for you. It provides the extra ventilation you need without cutting any holes in your roof. And, the adjustable angle solar panel easily adjusts to point at the sun. You simply mount the fan inside your attic, behind your existing gable vent, and mount the solar panel on the roof pointing at the sun. Then you connect them with the included wire. It has quick-connect fittings, so hooking it up is extremely easy and requires no experience with wiring.
This Extra High Capacity Rand Solar Attic Fan provides up to 1911 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of ventilation, and can successfully cool an attic space up to 2720 square feet.
This Solar Fan automatically regulates itself. When the sun is low in the morning, the fan runs slowly. As the Sun gets higher in the sky, your fan will automatically speed up to dissipate the extra heat. So, during the hottest part of the day, your fan is running at its fastest speed. And at night, it automatically shuts off. If you prefer to fine tune the performance of your attic fan, you can easily install the thermostat that we include. It is prewired and ready to plug in if you choose. It will turn on the fan anytime your attic is above 85 degrees and there is sun shining.
The features of this Rand Solar Attic Fan are as follows:
- Always runs on free solar power.
- Drastically cuts your cooling bill. Pays for itself in a VERY short time, all while being good for the environment.
- High Efficiency long life brushless motor starts in lower light and overcast conditions.
- High quality, high efficiency, Silicon Polycrystaline Solar Panel.
- Solar panel includes adjustable angle bracket so you can dial in the optimal panel angle relative to the sun.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction is more durable and corrosion resistant than steel or aluminum used by others.
- Cools up to 2720 square feet of attic space with its 1911 CFM capacity.
- Whisper quiet operation. You won’t even know its running.
- Includes free 85 degree thermostat. Read about it here.
- Includes mounting brackets and fasteners, as well as 19.5’+ of cable with quick-connect fittings.
- Easy attic installation will work with almost any gable roof. Go to our installation page for simple do-it-yourself installation instructions.
- This makes a great do-it-yourself project, or, if you are uncomfortable doing the work shown in the steps, just about any competent roofer or carpenter can do it for you.
- Great for Homes, barns, garages, workshops, etc.
- All wiring uses simple quick-connect connections, so no wiring experience is necessary. Just mount the fan behind your gable vent, and mount the panel to the roof and it works automatically.
- Approximate overall dimensions of the panel are: 22″L X 18″W
- Approximate dimensions fan housing are: 13-3/4″ Diameter X 6-3/4″ Deep.
- Please refer to the link above for installation instructions.
- Includes 20 year parts warranty.
- No sales tax on solar products!